Phase two of ‘We Can’ has been flagged off with a call to all Change Makers to initiate voluntary events/interactions within their community, family and work areas all of which would add up to 1000 events per district. In short, there will be 1000 instances/interactions or action, which Change Makers individually or a group shall initiate in a district within his /her sphere of influence.
The idea is to involve a wider audience, deepen the understanding of Change Makers about issues related to violence against women, sustain change and mobilise new change makers.
For every event, the Change Makers will:
- Identify group(s) of people within their sphere of influence – they will form a group of minimum of ten people
- Talk to them about violence against women
- Hold a minimum of an hour’s discussion on the issue of violence against women and gender based discrimination as per the agreed format
Nature of 1000 Events
The events could take the form of
- gatherings at home, street corner/shop corners
- organising of public meetings, krishi melas and village festival melas
- tapping into classrooms, clubs, entertainment centres
- tying up with meetings with the members of self help groups and village committees and also using the platforms of ward sabhas and gram sabha
Communication materials created for the campaign will be widely distributed.